Best Natural Hair Care Products on the Market
When it’s come to natural hair care….we want the best of the best on the market. As women from all across the world are educating themselves on their health. Naturally, the conversation progressed to taking better care of our crown. Let’s face it being a natural woman is hard on our wallets and hair. From trying new industry products to scavenging the internet for your favorite blogger's recommendations is a lot to process. Lucky for you we’re going to break down some of the best products on the market that will help you style, maintain, grow, and nurture your natural coils to perfection.
What are the best natural hair care products for beginners?
Have you broken up with your relaxer lately? It was tough, you did it! Your hair is definitely going to thank you for it. You’re probably stuck between a rock and a hard place on what to do with your hair next. Before you consider the big chop to remove the relaxer from your hair, keep reading. You definitely want to go natural. But, you don’t have a clue on where or how to start the process. Here are some great products we recommend to kick start your journey:
- Shampoo: It’s time to stop using your mom’s shampoo and invest in the good stuff. Sorry, mom! You’ll want to start with the best on the market. The Shea Moisture JBCO Shampoo serves as both a moisturizing and clarifying shampoo. It cleanses the hair thoroughly of build-up, while still maintaining moisture and not harshly stripping the strands of their natural oils. The great thing about this particular shampoo is that it helps strengthen your hair to promote new growth.
- The Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner- You’re going to need some conditioner, literally. When you’re looking for a backup to support your shampoo. You need a conditioner that going to hydrate your scalp and give your hair key ingredients like shea butter.
- The Alikay Naturals Honey and Sage Deep Conditioner- You’re going to have to learn to deep condition your hair. Yes, having natural hair means creating healthy habits to support your new lifestyle. With this deep conditioner, you will be able to improve hair retention and recognize healthier strands.
- As I Am Coconut Co-Wash-Have you heard of the term co-wash? Co-washing is prepping your hair for shampoo day in the middle of the week. With this powerful product, co-washing is made simple because it does the hard work for you. Its job is to detangle and hydrate your hair just in time for you to wash your hair days after.
- CURLS Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave-In Conditioner – Most naturals forget to use their leave in conditioner. Lucky, you’re not one of them. You’re going to absolutely recommend this powerhouse conditioner. Packed with super fruit blueberries which help promote hair growth and gradually strengthen your strands. You’ll be glad you left it inside your hair.
- The Kinky Curly Curling Custard- When it comes to styling your hair, we couldn’t leave this goodie off the list. Don’t worry about that sticky wet residue all over your hands. This is not your typical styling gel. The agave nectar ingredient, which serves as humectants and attracts moisture. You can rock your favorite style without worrying about shrinkage.
- Jamaican black castor oil- Every natural woman will swear by this amazing product. Although the oil is quite heavy, the benefits are phenomenal. While it can prevent dry brittle hair, it helps promote healthy new growth and protects against bacteria.
While being a natural-ista is fun and trendy. It takes a lot of hard work and consistency to support your hair growth. We always recommend testing our sample sizes of products on your hair and watch for results. All products are not the same and results may vary based on hair type. Also, be mindful of your spending habits. Although we highly recommend these wonderful products, be mindful of your budget. If something is a little too pricey for you to purchase, save your money and go with the alternative.
What are some products for experienced natural hair?
Congratulations! You’ve made it to a stage of consistent and healthy hair growth as a natural-ista. Now it’s time to give you more options when it comes to keeping your coils healthy and vibrant. Here are some suggestions for various stages of your journey:
- If you’re looking for a twist out, this is the product for you. The Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter is highly recommended. It’s perfect for loosening up your curls and giving you an easy breeze style.
- Mielle Organics Babassu Oil and Mint Deep Conditioner. Made with tea tree oil. This conditioner is the perfect go-to source to stimulate your scalp and rejuvenate moisture. Your hair absolutely falls in love with this product from beginning to end.
- Aphogee Curlific Texture Treatment- If you need some damage control for your curls, this is for you. Ideal for 3B and 3C curls that need an elasticity boost. Your hair strands will begin to bounce back from recent damage in no time.
- Jane Carter Solution Natural Twist Out Foam- what girl doesn’t love a cute bun on any day? We all do. However, we don’t love foam with too much alcohol that dries out our hair. Luckily, this won’t dry out your hair and you can use it for multiple days.
- Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner – Most natural-istas love this product, here’s why. Made with natural moisturizers instead of synthetic silicones for true hydration that doesn't rinse away and can be used every day without the fear of weighing-down your hair.
- Soulfood Nourishing Mask – It’s not really a mask. It will change the way you moisturize your hair daily or weekly. The Soulfood Nourishing Mask deeply conditions and hydrates hair. The result is long-lasting softness, shine, elasticity, and manageability.
How can you help your natural hair at home?
While most of what you will need to support your hair journey is found on a shelf. There are some things you can find and do at home. Here are some suggestions:
- Vinegar – Apple Cider Vinegar helps to remove product buildup. While the smell may not be pleasant. The nutrients inside will give your hair the relief it needs from all the products over time. You only have to apply the vinegar once a month.
- Eggs- Eggs are not just for breakfast, you can use them for your hair too. The yolk is rich in fats and proteins which is a natural moisturizer. The white part contains enzymes that remove unwanted bacteria from your scalp. You can use one whole egg once a month for treatment.
- Dairy- It may seem as if you’re using the entire farm in your head. But, you will be grateful for the plain yogurt in the fridge. The lactic acid strips away the dirt found in most moisturizers in products. Only a small amount will be good enough and try just once a month.
- Lemons- Beyoncé was definitely on to something with lemons. The super fruit has magical powers. One of which includes relieving your scalp of itch. Dry itchy scalp will work your last nerves. With just a small amount will help relieve your itch dry scalp immediately.
- Honey- Honey can be used in multiple ways especially on your hair. Honey naturally locks in and attracts moisture. You definitely will want to let it sit for a while and rinse with warm water. You’ll never look at honey the same way again.
- Cornmeal or Cornstarch- This one may sound like something from your grandmother’s day but it works magic. Cornmeal is a great source of iron and helps hair to grow. You’ll need a paddle brush to help execute the task. But the benefits will be long term healthy hair growth.
- Baking soda- This one is not just for cleansing your fridge and teeth. Baking soda is strong enough to remove toxic bacteria and fungus from the scalp. It also helps to restore shine. You can apply baking soda once every two weeks.
Being natural with your hair not about buying products or following trends. Being natural means that you have decided to accept your natural beauty including your hair. Your hair is a natural expression of your personality. Take good care of your hair and always educate yourself on healthy habits. After all, you and your hair will be best friends forever.
Leave us a comment and let us know what your favorite hair products are!